Monday, June 27, 2011

Rainbows and hearts

Since this weekend was Pride I decided I wanted a rainbow-themed manicure for the festival - perhaps my favorite summer festival in the Twin Cities. I thought about doing each nail a different color, but couldn't decide which colors to leave out. I went to Google for some inspiration and decided on rainbow stripes.

I bought a little nail art kit with the intention to use the precision brush to make my stripes but ultimately ended up freehanding it. The stripes aren't perfect, but who is? I thought they turned out pretty darn well. It was a little time consuming but worth the effort and I love how it turned out. I chose these colors because they each have a bit of shimmer and did two coats of each.


Red: Sephora by OPI Sample Sale
Orange: Revlon Top Speed Poppy (1st coat), Sally Hansen HD Three D (2nd coat) - Poppy looked like the best orange on paper, but on the nail it was a little too pink. I think it worked out great because the Three D is a little sheer.
Yellow: Revlon Top Speed Electric - for whatever reason, this was a little goopy on the second coat but it turned out okay.
Green: Sally Hansen Hi-Def
Blue: Sephora by OPI Skinny Jeans
Purple: Maybelline Express Finish Grape Times

I wanted something simple for my toes so I went with all white. However, the nail art kit came with little stencils and even though I'm not a big fan of nail art, I suddenly couldn't go on without having tiny hot pink hearts on my big toe. It looks super cute, but my attempts at a photo failed miserably so you'll just have to use your imaginations!

No comments:

Post a Comment