Sunday, July 1, 2012

A trip to Sally's


I have always enjoyed going to Sally's Beauty Supply but especially since I moved back to Iowa, as the Sally's employees are the friendliest people one could ever wish to meet.  On my first visit to my new store, I realized I had the wrong set of keys when I got to the counter and didn't have my Sally's card with me.  "But you have one, right?" the cashier said to me, eyes wide.  When I assured her that I did, she breathed a sigh of relief.  "It just makes me so sad when people don't have Sally's cards!"  And she meant it.  Never have I encountered a group of employees who give so much of a shit about what they're selling.

On today's visit I renewed my Sally's membership, which expired yesterday, to the delight of the cashier, an older woman who I have no doubt deserves a World's Best Grandma sweatshirt.  She commented on my choice of three Fingerpaints neons (Fingerpaints are buy 2, get 1 free at Sally's this month!) saying that she had put them out very recently.  When I told her I'd heard great things about them, she said, "That is so nice to hear.  That's how we get the best feedback, from our customers!" I half-expected her to lean across the counter and give me a hug.  And you know what, I wouldn't have minded.

No comments:

Post a Comment