Monday, May 16, 2011

Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Tinted Moisturizer

I wear Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer every day. I haven’t worn foundation in years since I discovered it. I heart it. A lot. But I am also painfully aware of the fact that it costs $42 for a 1.5 ounce tube. It occurred to me that I should have a backup option, something a little less expensive, that I could pick up at the drugstore in an emergency. I started asking around on Twitter and Sarah, my go-to guru for all things makeup and nail polish related, said she had heard good things about Physicians Formula, so I picked up a tube on my trip to CVS last week.



On my first test I wasn't sure what to think about it. It smells. It smells like sunscreen, and the first day that I officially wore it I could smell it and was paranoid that everyone else could smell it, too. This very well could have been my imagination, and since that first day it hasn't bothered me as much. The formula is thinner than the Laura Mercier that I use, so in addition to smelling like sunscreen, it kind of feels like applying sunscreen, too.

Since the formula is light and thin, I was surprised at what good coverage it provides. It holds up well over the course of the day and feels light, like I'm not wearing any makeup at all.

For reasons I can't quite put my finger on, I'm still not 100% sure that I'm sold on this product, and I'd like to give some other tinted moisturizers a try. What are your favorite drugstore tinted moisturizers? What should I try next?

SUMMARY: Good coverage, light formula, slight sunscreen smell, and for reason I'm not quite sure, I'm unwilling to dedicate myself to this product.
GRADE: B-

No comments:

Post a Comment