Monday, May 16, 2011

Initial Impressions: Revlon Scented Nail Enamel - Beach

I was on my way to the checkout at CVS today when the Revlon display caught my eye. Revlon now makes scented nail polish. Out of sheer curiosity, I picked up a bottle of what looks to be a shimmery lime green, called Beach. I sniffed the label, thinking it was some kind of scratch-and-sniff deal so you know what you're getting yourself into (it is not). I bought it, just to see what all the fuss is about.


I made sure to smell the polish in the bottle, and it smells like regular old nail polish. I've applied one coat so far, and I like the color well enough, and my nails do smell different. I'm not convinced that it smells like the beach, and am waiting for my boyfriend to get home so I can get a second opinion. It doesn't smell bad, but it doesn't necessarily smell good, yet I cannot stop smelling my nails. It's very odd to feel the urge to sniff your fingers every few seconds.

I'll post an update later, with pictures when my nails are all done - I'm guessing I'll need three coats of this to get the coverage I want - but I must ask, WHAT is the point of scented nail polish? WHY did I buy this product? Will people buy into the hype?

If you'll excuse me, I have some finger sniffing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment